12 Apr 2013

No more basketball

It had never fallen over before...
There was this big wind and rain storm that hit our area last night - we were prepared and put everything away that we could.  All was fine until late in the evening when we hear a huge crash out at the front of our house.

This is what we found.

It took both Adam and I to remove the basketball net from my car but were surprised that the ONLY thing that got damaged was the windshield!  There was already a stone chip from the week after I bought the car (repaired, but always irritatingly visible), so I latched onto the bright side of the situation in that I would likely have to get a new windshield.

Perfect aim

In the morning, we checked it out more closely.  No question, a new windshield was needed. We did find one tiny area of paint on the edge of the hood that needed a touch up (~3 mm long paint chip), but that was the extent of the damage.
Yes, I think it is broken.

Will be selling the basketball net in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment